Corner of Burrstone Road and Sunset Avenue, Utica, New York
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The Great Utica Pumpkin Carve - is a pumpkin carving competition. This is a community event with all proceeds going to support Our Lady of Lourdes Community Outreach Programs. All funds raised from this event are spent on outreach programs in the Utica community. Approximately half of the funds raised will help support the Parish Boy Scout Troop which draws teenagers from inner-city neighborhoods in Utica. These funds are used to provide uniforms, supply the scouts with the gear that they need to participate in scouting activities and help pay for scouting camping trips. Other programs include:
Christmas Assistance Program
* Christmas Assistance Program
* Evelyn’s House – support program for single new mothers
* Hope House
* Thea Bowman
OUTLINE OF EVENT: The Great Utica Pumpkin Carve
* Thursday, October x, from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Pumpkin Carving runs from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday(Carving demonstrations Friday and Saturday)
- Bounce House
* Friday, October x, from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Carving demonstrations Friday
- Bounce House from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Wine and Beer from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- You MUST be 21 or older
- Live Music
* Saturday, October x, from Noon - 7 p.m.
- Hay Rides from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Utica Zoomobile
- Bounce House
- Carving demonstrations Saturday
- Chicken Barbeque from 3 - 7 p.m. Click here for more information and coupon.
* 40+ Carved Large Pumpkins – local artists / art students to carve
* Food – Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, soda, candy (it’s Halloween)
* Pumpkin Painting (Markers)
* 50:50 Raffle
* $3.00 per person – maximum $10 per family
Competition Prize Categories:
A panel of judges will determine the Winners and Honorable Mentions in the following categories:
* Best Overall - A clean carving with a high degree of detail using a combination of most skillfully carved, artistry in design & best use of pumpkin shape & size – Best carving skills.
* Most Halloween - Includes all traditional Halloween‐themed designs ~ jack‐o‐lanterns, ghosts, goblins, witches etc.
* Best Use of Pumpkin - Pumpkins that have been carved to their fullest. Using pumpkin pieces changes the shape of the pumpkin!
* Best Student Entry - same criteria as Best Overall
* Best Corporate Entry - same criteria as Best Overall
* People's Choice - awarded on Saturday evening
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CARVERS AND SPONSORS!
Our Lady of Lourdes Men’s Club
2 Barton Avenue
Utica, New York 13502
If you would like to help in any capacity, please contact Ed Gunn at 315-749-5122.
Brought to you by:
The Utica Observer Dispatch and BOSCAR Electric Company
Welcome to the 5th Great Utica Pumpkin Carve!